SCO 3.2v4.2 running HylaFAX-v4.0pl1

I'm having a few problems with HylaFAX. I ftp'd down the binary for
SCO 3.2v4.2 at the following location;
  ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/binary/hylafax-v4.0pl1-sco3.2v4.2-cpio.gz

and followed all the instructions but I'm getting a problem when I try
to run faxstat right after the installation. The processes faxq and
faxd seem to be running fine. The syslog reports
HylaFAX INET Protocol Server: restarted.
HylaFAX Old Protocol Server: restarted.
HylaFAX SNPP Protocol Server: restarted.

But as soon as I run faxstat I see a message in the syslog showing
CAUGHT SIGNAL 11
(protection violation?). I can't get past this stage. I'm not really
in a position to work with the source code coz my C knowledge is
fairly limited and I don't have the SCO development kit on any of our
sco boxes. I'm also stuck in a position where we can't upgrade the
current server to SCO OS5 right now because there's some software on
our box which wont run under OS5 without source code mods.

When I type uname -X the important bits are;
Release = 3.2v4.2
KernelID = 93/04/28
Machine = Pentium
BusType = EISA

We've got a Multitech 1432MT modem on tty1A on a straight through
modem cable.

Does anyone have any ideas?

My second question is can Ghostscript or anything else cope with
converting PCL level 5 into fax format because we want to use HylaFAX
for sending out invoices/statements etc and we are currently
generating them in PCL 5 from our SCO box from APPX 4gl through
XI-TEXT. We are using downloadable fonts and other features specific
(I think) to pcl5 and above.

Thanks for any help.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions