Re: sendfax-problem

benkhayi@lnx2.biblio.tu-muenchen.de wrote:

    Hello,
    i use hylafx and i have a problem with send a fax.
    the problem is:
    i will send a fax to the number: 28622

    i make: sendfax -n -d 28622 /etc/passwd

    the answer is:
    Trying fax device '/dev/ttyS1'... OK.
    Dialing 28622... OK.
    sending '/etc/passwd'...
    WARNING: are you sure that this is a G3 fax file? Doesn't seem to be...

    but my problem is: the fax will not sendet.

for me the above messages show that you're using the
sendfax-command of "mgetty+sendfax" from Gert (cc'ed)
and not the sendfax(1) command of HylaFAX; Gert?

    what is the solution for this WARNING ?
    and how can i send a fax?

please install (or compile and install) HylaFAX v4.0pl1,
configure the modem properly, start the daemons and make sure
you're using the right sendfax-command;

	matthias
--
firm: matthias.apitz@sisis.de [voc:+49-89-61308-351, fax: +49-89-61308-188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

You know who's reading your data ... Don't you?

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions