Re: HylaFAX v4.0pl1 installation problem

At 12:01 PM 6/15/97 +1200, you wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, S.F.AHMED wrote:
>
>[Incidentally, please submit questions to the mailing list and not to
> me directly. Note Cc:]
>
>[snip]
>
>> The manula we have do not include FAQ, do you mean that we should go for
the
>> website to find about the mailing list? we are not clear about it.
>
>The source installation actually comes with a set of HTML
>documentation; but the website on the 'Net has the most up to date
>versions of this.
>
>> we are at the end of a complete installation where we went through the
>> web-site of Hylafax as found in Internet. The information as provided
>> below is a brief of what we have done so far:
>>
>> We installed Linux 1.2.13 slackware v3.00 runing on a Pentium-133Mhz
machine,
>> after downloading both versions viz.hylafax-v4.0pl0-tar.gz and
>> hylafax-v4.0pl1-tar.gz along with ghostscript and tiff files from ftp site.
>> The individual installation procedure is followed accordingly. No errors
>> were generated in the unzip process.
>>
>> The compiler gcc version is 2.7.0. Others are standard linux utility.
>> The port /dev/cua1 used for the Hylafax send & receive port. Only the
>> root is capable to use:
>>
>> # /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty -D cua1" and after that "faxstat -s" shows
>>
>> 	HylaFAX scheduler on dhaka-bd.net: Running
>> 	Modem cua1(20): Running and idle.
>
>This looks good...
>
>> When we try to send a fax from the command prompt like
>>
>> #send -n -d +16 <<EOF
>> >Hello World!
>> >EOF
>
>`send'? HylaFAX v4.0pl1 uses `sendfax'. I don't quite know what a `+16'
>as a telephone number will do - just what should the modem send.
>
>> No action shown on the modem and issuance of "faxstat -s" shown that
>> "Status-Busy signal detected" the conection 16 is directly connected to a
>> fax through a PABX system.
>
>This, I suspect is due to `+16'. How about connecting it to a direct
>line out and using a regular number to send the fax to?
>
>The port is OK, I checked it out with a "cu"
>> command and it reponds fine. The section which creates the problem may
>> lie with the faxgetty in operation which quits after a few attempted
>> flashes on the modem led buttons. Several retries are shown on the modem
>> but connection could not be established.
>
>You need to up the debugging mode on config.cua1 to include the
>conversation between HylaFAX and your modem. Read the Debugging FAQ
>and set up your HylaFAX log level to something like:
>
>	ServerTracing:	0x4f
>
>and submit your syslog output to the mailing list (and not to me)
>--
>Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
>  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460
>  Auckland, New Zealand                Fax    : +64.9.415.4250

Subject: Re: HylaFAX v4.0pl1 installation problem

Dear Sir,

I have changed the line(16) with a direct connection 9886323 and lines
from "cua1" to "ttyS1".

# /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty -D ttyS1" and after that "faxstat -s"
shows:
	HylaFAX scheduler on dhaka-bd.net: Running
 	Modem ttyS1(880 2 9886323): Running and idle.

I use the same command to send fax like

	# sendfax -n -d 883587 /etc/passwd
	request id is 14(group id 14) for host localhost (1 file)

Modem connected to Com2 calls the destination which is connected to a Fax
machine and when the fax machine responds, the modem goes off.

Now the "faxstat -s" shows:

	HylaFAX scheduler on dhaka-bd.net: Running
 	Modem ttyS1(880 2 9886323): Running and idle.

Jid Pri S Owner Number Pages Dials TTS    Status
13  126 S hyla  883587 O:1   1:12  10:49  Unspecified Transmit Phase B error

>>	ServerTracing:	0x4f

I have made this change inside config.ttyS1 (attached) and also attach
xferlog and syslog file for your observation.

Thanks and regds, S.Samad,16/06/97.
06/16/97 17:46	SEND	00000089	ttyS1	13	""	hyla@dhaka-bd.net	"883587"	""
65535	0	0:38	0:03	"Unspecified Transmit Phase B error; too many attempts to
send"
06/16/97 17:48	SEND	00000090	ttyS1	14	""	hyla@dhaka-bd.net	"883587"	""
65535	0	0:27	0:04	"Unspecified Transmit Phase B error"
06/16/97 17:52	SEND	00000091	ttyS1	14	""	hyla@dhaka-bd.net	"883587"	""
65535	0	0:37	0:04	"Unspecified Transmit Phase B error"
06/16/97 18:02	SEND	00000092	ttyS1	14	""	hyla@dhaka-bd.net	"883587"	""
65535	0	0:38	0:04	"Unspecified Transmit Phase B error; too many attempts to
send"
06/16/97 18:05	SEND	00000093	ttyS1	15	""	root@dhaka-bd.net	"883587"	""
65535	0	0:28	0:04	"Unspecified Transmit Phase B error"
06/16/97 18:10	SEND	00000094	ttyS1	15	""	root@dhaka-bd.net	"883587"	""
65535	0	0:37	0:04	"Unspecified Transmit Phase B error"
Jun 16 17:57:43 dhaka-bd syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Jun 16 17:58:35 dhaka-bd FaxQueuer[76]: Unknown syslog facility name "0x4f"
Jun 16 18:00:24 dhaka-bd FaxGetty[99]: The fax server must run with real
uid root.
Jun 16 18:02:09 dhaka-bd FaxGetty[104]: Unknown syslog facility name "0x4f"
Jun 16 18:02:19 dhaka-bd FaxSend[107]: Unknown syslog facility name "0x4f"
Jun 16 18:04:57 dhaka-bd FaxSend[157]: Unknown syslog facility name "0x4f"
Jun 16 18:10:32 dhaka-bd FaxSend[206]: Unknown syslog facility name "0x4f"#
$Id: usr-2.0,v 1.7 1996/06/24 02:58:42 sam Rel $
#
# HylaFAX Facsimile Software
#
# Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
# Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
# HylaFAX is a trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
# its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
# that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission notice appear in
# all copies of the software and related documentation, and (ii) the names of
# Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics may not be used in any advertising or
# publicity relating to the software without the specific, prior written
# permission of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
# EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
# WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR
# ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND,
# OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
# WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF
# LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE
# OF THIS SOFTWARE.
#
#
# Configuration for using the Class 2.0 command interface
# with a USR v.34 Courier or Sporster modem.
#
# RTS/CTS flow control is used default.
#
#
CountryCode:		880
AreaCode:		2
FAXNumber:		"880 2 988 63 23"
LongDistancePrefix:	0
InternationalPrefix:	011
DialStringRules:	"etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:		1
SessionTracing:		11
RecvFileMode:		0600
LogFileMode:		0600
DeviceMode:		0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:	1
SpeakerVolume:		off
GettyArgs:		"-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:	"NothingSetup"
LogFacility:		local5
TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:		"From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:		25
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:		Class2.0	# use class 2.0 interface
ModemRate:		38400		# DCE-DTE communication rate
ModemFlowControl:	rtscts		# XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#
ModemNoFlowCmd:		AT&H0&I0&R1	# setup modem for no flow control
ModemHardFlowCmd:	AT&H1&I0&R2	# setup modem for hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:	AT&H2&I2&R1	# setup modem for software flow control
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:	ATS13=1&D2	# setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:	AT&C1		# setup so DCD reflects carrier (or not)
ModemResultCodesCmd:	ATQ0X4		# enable extended result codes
#
# NB: adaptive answer only seems to work properly when
#     the modem is left idling in Class 2.0
#
ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=1
#
# Set modem speaker volume commands: OFF QUIET LOW MEDIUM HIGH.
# Note that we both turn the speaker on/off and set volume.
#
ModemSetVolumeCmd:	"ATM0 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1"
#
# Modem does not support HDLC frame tracing; we add this just
# to eliminate spurious ERROR results that confuse the naive.
#
Class2BUGCmd:		AT+FBU=0
#
# The modem doesn't support copy quality checking, even though it
# returns (0-2,0-2) for AT+FCQ=?; therefore we override the query
# response so that the server will do copy quality checking.
#
Class2CQQueryCmd:	!(0),(0)	# override modem response

Regds, SFAhmed/samad

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions