Re: Can HylaFax use terminal server like Xylogics?

> Hi,
>
> Possibly a newbie question. Can I setup a HylaFax server that uses a
> Xylogic terminal server
> that has fax/modem connected to it? In order to dial out, I telnet to
> the terminal server at port 7000
> and issue the AT commands.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kai
> --
>
> Kai O'Yang, PSCIT, Monash U, Australia. mailto://Kai.Oyang@monash.edu.au

	Not really a answer to your question. But I use a HP terminal server. HP has
some software ( for HP UNIX maybe some others ) that enables you to access the
terminal server ports via device files. I think it also works with some other
terminal servers so it may be worth a call to HP. Or your UNIX vendor may have
something similar.

Neil.
--
----------------------------- /-_|\ -----------------------------------
Neil Buckingham              /     \         5th Floor 360 Elizabeth St

--
Neil Buckingham              /     \         5th Floor 360 Elizabeth St
Telstra                      \_,-._/         Melbourne Australia 3000
Network Systems                   v          Phone +613 9203 7455
EMail n.buckingham@vic.design.telecom.com.au Fax +613 9663 8229
PGP Key fingerprint =  74 F2 64 A6 1C E0 48 8D  85 3C A4 A0 86 0C 85 0E
"A coward is a frightened man who's scared to be brave. But a brave
man is only a coward who isn't scared to be frightened."
-- Maxwell Smart. Get Smart.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions