Re: Hylafax on NCR machines.

yaniv Kimchi wrote:

    Hello Matthias.

    I installed the SVR4.2 and have run faxsetup without problem. when I try
    faxstat -v
    I get the following result:
    Connected to localhost.
    220 arkia1 server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl0) ready.
    -> USER root
    230 User root logged in.
    -> PORT 127,0,0,1,173,86
    200 PORT command successful.
    -> LIST status

    and then it hangs up only using interupt can I release it.
    If I leave it for enough time I will get:
    425 Cannot BUILD data connection: Connection timed out.

    As you can see both Client and server are on the same host

Please do the following steps as root and send the files to me
directly (and not to the list); keep in mind that the truss
output will contain private information (e.g. infos from
the /etc/passwd and other things); so check the files and
overwrite such information with XXXX.

Use ps(1) to find out the pid of the running hfaxd(1M)
and use it instead of {pid} in the command:

# truss -f -o /tmp/tr.hfaxd -p {pid} &
# truss -f -o /tmp/tr.faxstat bin/faxstat

stop (e.g. kill) both truss(1) from another terminal/xterm an run:

# cd /tmp
(check the truss files for privacy!)
# gzip tr.hfaxd tr.faxstat
# uuencode tr.hfaxd.gz tr.hfaxd.gz | mail .....
# uuencode tr.faxstat.gz tr.faxstat.gz | mail ...

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions