Q: access control problem

HylaFAX version:	v4.0 pl 0
running on host:	Linux PC (v1.2.13 Kernel, CND distr.)
compiled with:		gcc 2.7.0
modem:			Creatix LC144
client PC's via:	WinFlex v0.4 beta

I'm running HylaFAX on the configuration stated above. It's a beautifully
crafted software (honestly), thanks to uncle Sam :-). I got the following
(probably WinFlex related) problem:

Q: How can I restrict client access via WinFlex to the users named in
  <spooling_area>/etc/hosts? Access is possible though neither the
  user nor the client PC is in <spooling_area>/etc/hosts.

  (guess: WinFlex uses the old version 3 hfaxd protocol, does it
   allow access without a proper login procedure?)

Playing around with multiple user access I encountered another problem:

Q: Being FaxMaster / root@faxserver, how can I delete somebody else's
   fax jobs? faxrm <job_id> fails with the message
     "Operation not permitted" (or the like)
   Tracing faxrm's communication with hfaxd via the -v option reveals
   that faxrm won't go for ADMINistrative rights even if the user invoking
   faxrm has a admin password set in <spooling_area>/etc/hosts.

   (cure: Yes, I could always
      % telnet localhost fax
      USER xxx
      PASS psst!
      ADMIN psssssst!!
      JKILL nnn
      QUIT
    but this a bit wicked to do every time :-()

That's it, thanks.
Eule.

P.S.: This is the first time I'm dealing with a mailing list,
      haven't heard about the rules & therefore beg your pardon
      for not sitcking to them.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions