Misleading error msg, Hylafax4.0pl1 faxmodem

When faxq is not running, invoking faxmodem gives you the error:

  FIFO: open: No such device or address

If you run faxmodem TOO SOON after faxq, e.g., right after in a shell script,
you get the same problem.  This is a very misleading error message, since the
FIFO pipe exists sure enough.  I spent quite a bit of time baffled until I
just happened to notice the reason by trial and error.

I'll provide my setup details if relevant.

Matt

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions