faxgetty problem with Linux 2.0.0 + Hylafax V4.0P1.0

Hi, There:

Thanks to the people in this list helping me to setup Hylafax.
I can now send out fax using standalone fax server, that is,
invoke the faxq and hfaxd manually. But I get problem with faxgetty
when I tried to automate and receive inbound fax.

This is what I did with faxgetty:
	1. put "t2:23:/var/spool/fax/sbin/faxgetty cua0" in my /etc/inittab.
	   cua0 is my device for modem.  I use it for both inbound and outbound
           fax.
	2. put "19200 # B19200 .... #19200" in /etc/gettydefs.  My Modem
    	   is Microcom DeskPorte 28.8K fax/data modem with Tornato and Tricom
           2882 settings. The fasttest speed detected by faxsetup is
	   38400 bauds, But for inbound DTE commincation, the faxsetup
	   scans the modems and give 19200.  That is  why I put 19200
           entry there.
I did not get a getty default file for cua0 under default dir.
The GettyArgs is "-h %l dx_%s" or "-h %l %s"(I tried both).

The result is : When I login, the faxgetty keeps on talking
with my modem, for I can see the TR light is always on. I
check faxq and hfaxd with faxstat, and they are not runing.
In the messages file under /dev/log, I can see
Faxgetty open my modem. But I can not send or receive fax at all.

I guess the problem should be the getty, for faxgetty
use getty to detect and monitor the line of modem.

Does any one know what I am wrong based on the infomation
I give above? I also like suggestion on how to setup
faxgetty in Linux 2.0.0 + 28.8K microcom modem.

Thanks a lot.

Jian

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions