E-mail to Faxgateway

Hello all,

I am running in a circus ;-)

I need to setup a faxgate way. It should work in this way:

somebody sends an e-mail to: abcdef@trace.com.tw
sendmails virtualuser table will translate it to:
6000132@fax.trace.com.tw
The fax should be sent out.

Simple ;-)

What I got so far:

ronald@trace.com.tw sends an e-mail to abcdef@trace.com.tw, the fax
will be sent out, and ronald gets a message: "I am puzzled, fax could
not be sent", holding the fax paper in my hand. Means I cannot trust
this message.
When I send a message from another account (which is not authorized)
than I get a failure, 'cause of this missing authorization.
On the other hand I cannot allow anybody in the world to send a fax
too. I just want to allow the translated fax numbers.

Now, on a second setup, I get strange things: nothing will be sent
(anymore - at least sendfax -d ronald@6000132 worked before) and
when I do a faxstat I get a question about the password.

I even reboot and find a message when Linux 2.0 comes up:

FIFO: open: No such device or address.

I start the three programs from rc.local:
/usr/local/sbin/faxq
/usr/local/sbin/faxmodem cua1
/usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i4559 -o4557 -s444

Beside this problems I could not manage to send a *.ps file as fax. I
tried to print to file a document (Agfa postscript printer) and attached it
to the e-mail as mime encoded. The fax prints on the bottom line:

DISCARDED application/octet-stream goes HERE

If anybody has a hint, please PLEASE send me an e-mail.

bye

Ronald

....  for more information use:

*   http://www.trace.com.tw          *   gopher://gopher.trace.com.tw
*   ftp://ftp.trace.com.tw           *   telnet://bbs.trace.com.tw
*   sticky:  Ronald  gate.trace.com.tw  (the very fast way to reach me)
*   finger (ronald@trace.com.tw) for more info (address,pgp key, .....)
*   for talk, P2P, InterCom (picture phone) ronald@gate.trace.com.tw
*   Tel: +886 2 609-0652, Fax: +886 2 600-0132, NET: +886 2 600-2318

Ronald Wiplinger    [Taipei, 24h online]

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions