Re: faxmail question.

Mark Musone wrote:

    Hi,

    i tried sending this before but i didn't see it appear on the mailing list,
    so i'm trying again:

It appeared on the list on 01/26/1997;

    Here my question:

    I am currently using HylaFAX with faxmail, as an email->fax gateway.
    I also use it with winflex and unix command line.

    What i'd like to do is specify that any faxes coming from faxmail NOT
    be emailed back a confirmation. I have it setup in the hyla.conf that
    that be notification when a fax is done and also requeued.

you may use faxmail(1) to generate a PostScript file only and
send this PostScript through a pipe to sendfax(1) and use
sendfax(1) without notification;

    Wehn winflex or the command line is used, i want an emailed
    confirmation.

    I tried to set the X-Fax-MailUser mail header to something, but that only
    sets the username in which to log into the fax server with, not for
    email notification..

MailUser does not what you want;

    Ideally i'd like the email notification to be controlled via a mail
    header, so that some mail->fax messgaes will be sent a notification,
    while others wont...

    Is this possible?? how??

you may use your own header line for this and grep it from the
email to set sendfax(1) to do what you want;

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions