faxmail and MIME encoding

Hello,
	I´m pretty new to hylafax running V4.0Pl0 on a SunOS 4.1.4
machine. So far everthing works great beside the iso-8859-1
character encoding when sending MIME mails via faxmail as a mailer
in sendmail. I started with the pl0 version of faxmail, which
did it completely wrong. A "ö" (=F6 qp) became "77777766" on the
transfered document. Then I found a discussion on TextFmt & ISO-8859-1
in the mailing archive, which discribed a similar problem. So I
downloaded the pl1 version, which seeems to have the patch applied.
The message body is now o.k.
But there seems to be a problem with the postscript encoding of
non ASCII header lines.
When I send them as qp, there is no decoding at all:
Subject: öäü
becomes
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=F6=E4=FC?=
or alike
When I send it as 8Bit header encoding it is:
Subject:
on the final document.
Not much better.
Does anyone know how to circumvent this behavior.
Thanks in advance.

Bernhard Schmid
ITT Intermetall Freiburg Germany

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions