Re: Hylafax Unix Clients

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Jernej Romih wrote:
> Much better solution is to use tkhylafax (X window menuing fax client)!
> It is available at flexfax contrib software database!

I made a small patch to tkhylafax so that it would run under the
release of tcl/tk I have (recent, from RedHat Picasso 3.0.3) and to
allow it to take the name of a file to fax as an argument.  This
lets you write a simple script like:

#!/bin/sh
# This is /usr/local/bin/fax
cat > /tmp/tkhylafax.$$
tkhylafax -initFile /tmp/tkhylafax.$$

By changing the name of the 'print' program in programs like
netscape or applix to 'fax', you can send faxes directly from an
program.

The patch (and also an RPM spec file) are too large for a general
mailing, but I can mail or upload them to anyone that is
interested.

Mike

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions