faxmail

I recently installed hylafax-v4.0pl1 on Digital Unix v4.0.
It seems to work fine.  I set up faxmail according to the
instructions in faxmail/mailfax.sh-sendmail and that works
fine too.

What I would like to do is be able to send a fax from any
machine on my local network by sending e-mail to the faxserver
machine.  To send a fax locally, the way it is setup I use:

mail 1234567@user.fax

from the local faxserver node, "wiscpa."
I naively thought that the way to send a fax from another
node, sy "wiscpg," would be to:

mail 1234567%user.fax@wiscpa

and indeed, looking through the archives I found a reply from
Sam Leffler to a similar query entitled:  "bang path faxmailing?"
in which he proposes the following solution:

You can use "user%number.fax@machine.domain.net"

(whether you use user%number or number%user is just a question
of how you modified sendmail.cf).  But doing that, my mail is
returned, unsent (see below).  What am I missing here?  Is it a
configuration problem?  Is it a permissions problem?  I admit
that I know almost nothing about configuring sendmail.

TIA,
Peter

--
Peter Stern
Chemical Physics Department

Message 175/177 Mail Delivery Subsystem            Jan 22, 97 10:15:59
am +0200