Re: Can't receive incoming faxes.

Alan M. McKenney wrote:

        I just set up HylaFAX on my system, and can't get it to receive
    faxes.  It sends faxes, and handles incoming and outgoing data calls
    OK.  But incoming faxes fail with a hangup just after the connection
    is made.

    Computer:  75 MHz Pentium system, OEM = Intel.
    OS:        Linux 1.2.13.
    	(System purchased from VAResearch w/ Linux installed.)

    Version of HylaFAX: v4.0pl1
    Modem: SupraFAXmodem 144LC
    	Hylafax thinks it's a: Rockwell RC32ACL Class 2.
    	ATI3 returns: V1.400-C05-CS29
    	AT+FCLASS=? returns: 0,1,2

    We tried sending me faxes from 2 different machines, and changing
    the initial baud rate.  Unfortunately, the manual for my fax modem
    has *no* documentation on any fax commands.  Anyway, the logs
    are identical, except for date/time.

    Everything else worked without a hitch the first time.

    Here is the log for one of these unsuccessful calls
    (for obvious reasons, I have replaced my modem's # with # signs):

	<... session log deleted ...>

Please show a ServerTracing to see how the modem was initialized;

	matthias
--
firm: matthias.apitz@softcon.de [voc:+49-89-61308-351, fax: +49-89-61308-188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

"We don't care.  We don't have to.  You'll buy whatever we ship, so why bother?
 We're Microsoft." (found in Usenet)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions