HylaFAX4.0 w/OSF and DEC90TL

   I've recently ported the HylaFAX 4.0pl0 to our OSF3.2 system.   The
modem is connected thru a DEC90TL terminal server.  I have found that
the HylaFAX software is unwilling to send a fax unless the tty device
is previously opened by an other process.  I wrote a short program to
open the device then sleep forever, this seems to solve all my problems.
I am now able to send and receive fax.
  This solution seems like a kluge.

  Do you know what is a more elegant solution?

  Sincerely Jon Doelman
            jdoelman@gwdi.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions