Re: little problems with HylaFAX

Lorenzo M. Catucci wrote:

    On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Matthias Apitz wrote:

    > You didn't explain what your problem is. If your problem
    > is the missing strings from your sendfax(1) command at your
    > cover-page you should read the man page of sendfax(1)
    > for the right order of the arguments.

    Dear Matthias,
    	I just tried reading the man page once more, and I didn't find an
    hint to the right argument order; hence, I think that the order is
    meaningless. Never the less, I tried the order which appears in the man
    page, and I got the very same result: sendfax doesn't tell faxcover
    anything abot the way it should fill the Regarding: and the Company:
    fields, regardless of the order in which I put the options on the command
    line, and the fact that I put in a space between the option and the
    strings. Hope this clarifies my problem. As a matter of fact, I'm using
    4.0pl0 under linux 2.0.27 - libc 5.3.12

The man page of sendfax(1) states clearly:
The order of options on the command line is significant.
Each fax to be transmitted is assigned the current value of
parameters specified on the command line; e.g. whether or not to
generate a cover page.
This means that options that specify parameters for a particular
destination must precede the dialstring specified with the -d
option.

So the rigth order is:

$ sendfax -x "The Company" -y "The Department" -c "No Comment" ... -d ..."

Just try it.

	matthias
--
firm: matthias.apitz@softcon.de [voc:+49-89-61308-351, fax: +49-89-61308-188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

"We don't care.  We don't have to.  You'll buy whatever we ship, so why bother?
 We're Microsoft." (found in Usenet)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions