[hylafax-users] Troubles with sending/receiving FAXes.

Hello,

I recognize extreme errors at one FAX server I recently installed. The server
is running openSuSE 11.3 (64bit) and HylaFAX 6.0.4, the modem is a Rockwell
based CLASS 1 model.

What I wonder is: I use this modem model since a long time on several systems
(but there with HylaFAX 4.x), and this modem was/is one which never made
difficulties in the past. Except now, with HylaFAX 6.0.4.

The problem is:
When I send a high resolution FAX, everything is fine. But when I send a FAX
in normal resolution, transmission aborts always at the same point, with the
following error:
" No response to PPS repeated 3 times.; Giving up after 3 attempts to send
same page "

It is astonishing that I can perfectly send FAXes, when I disable ECM on the
sender's side (use "sendfax -E ...").

What I want to do is enforcing that no ECM is used, neither for sending nor
for receiving. For incoming calls, HylaFAX shall not offer ECM to the caller
therefore at all.

How can I configure that?
I found an option to be added to the modem's config file, but this appears to
work only for sending, not for receiving:

ModemSoftRTFCC:         no

This is really urgent, because the server receives FAXes very unreliable at
the moment.

Thank you very much in advance.