Re: [hylafax-users] Fax to email

Hi ,

  Sorry for the typo.
Actually, before install Hylafax I was using Sendmail and it was working fine. So, I was thinking I still  was using it. Looking in /var/log/mail I saw Postfix messages.

  Now I looking for to set it up on Debian!

Thanks for the answer!

Att,

Flavio Roberto Miranda
MSN:flaviormiranda@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: flaviormiranda

> Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Fax to email
> From: giusedia@xxxxxxxxx
> To: flaviormiranda@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:24:16 +0100
>
> On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 13:35 -0200, Flavio Miranda wrote:
> > FaxDespach
> Hi Flavio,
> First of all I hope FaxDespatch is a typo, as the filename is
> FaxDispatch (see
> http://www.hylafax.org/content/Handbook:Server_Operation:Tweaking_and_Customization).
> Assuming you got the filename right in the config phase, of course your
> MTA has to be correctly configured to send e-mail, or you'll get none of
> it.
> A simple echo "test"|mail -s "this is a test"
> youremailaddress@xxxxxxxxxx could tell you if the MTA is working or not.
> Before using Faxdispatch, I would test hylafax correctly configuring the
> mail (config, aliases) for the faxmaster user and see if it arrives
> correctly. Then I would get into FaxDispatch and see if conditions are
> ok.
> Troubleshooting fax-to-email and FaxDispatch conditions (if any) at the
> same time could be tricky.
> My 2 cents.
> GD

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions