[hylafax-users] Integrate Hylafax into website

I am trying to integrate Hylafax into my website for outgoing faxes only.  My web server is on a different PC than the fax server, however, my website has access to the fax server’s Linux command prompt.  My plan is to do the following:

1. Instead of using the built-in fax coversheet, my website will either send the fax server a PostScript fax cover document or just send the fax server some text and use textfmt (Any recommendations?)

2. Save a copy of the fax coversheet and any documents to be faxed on the fax server.

3. Send the fax using sendfax and save the resulting fax ID.

4. After sending the fax, erase the copies of the coversheet and documents.

5. The fax server will then send status whether the fax went through to the web server.  I believe faxstat along with the fax ID can be used to determine the status.  I suppose I could create a cron job to poll Hylafax ever minute or so to determine status.

Does this seem like a good plan?  Any suggestions would be very appreciated.  Thank you

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions