Re: [hylafax-users] Incomplete fax reported as successful

Ole Kaas wrote:
Den 08/12/2010 kl. 08.08 skrev Lee Howard:

So you could approach this in a couple different ways: 1) you could get the receiver to start supporting ECM somehow, or 2) you could figure out where the audio disturbance is and fix that.

Thanks a lot for explaining this! I'll try to see if ECM can be enabled - it will probably avoid other errors that might occur in the future. As this is a GSM device which tries to receive faxes while the truck where it is mounted is driving, I would expect disturbance in transmission. Are you suggesting that there might be other places to look? We have a lot of successful faxes - also to other GSM devices. But of course - ECM could be at work there.

I don't know how GSM fax is intended to work. So I can't suggest if it's more or less likely to be in the GSM network or in your own network.

Thanks,