Re: [hylafax-users] No response to MPS repeated 3 tries

Benoit Gauthier wrote:

I’m getting the random “No response to MPS repeated 3 tries” or “No response to EOP repeated 3 tries” error messages on a regular basis.

I’ve just purchased two new Multitech external modem to replace my GVC modems.

I’m running on Linux Debian (lenny) Hylafax version 4.4.4

And yes I’ve read all the posts, articles, comments on the internet and asked everyone I know.

Can you reproduce the problem with HylaFAX+ 5.4.3? (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net)

Is there a solution to this problem? A step by step guide to resolve this?

Yes, I'm sure there is a solution. There is no guide to resolving other than understanding fax protocol and figuring out what's gone wrong.

What's happening on the receive-side of that fax?

Thanks,