Re: [hylafax-users] "Waiting for modem to come ready" another

Title: RE: [hylafax-users] "Waiting for modem to come ready" another

Le 19/11/2010 17:26, Alcorn, Brian C a écrit :

Jonathan,

This indicates that your modem is "wedged".  There is a wedged script that can be edited to automate the recovery of said modem, however I haven't played with it much.

To manually recover without a reboot, I do the following:

# faxstat (this will display the modems and their states)

Identify the wedged modem, which will remain at "waiting for modem to come ready" or something of the like.  Since you are using IAX, I believe your modems would be named as ttyIAX<num>.  make note of which number modem is wedged.

# ps -aef | grep iaxmodem

Find the process number of the corresponding ttyIAX<num>

# kill -9 <process number>

This will kill the process for the corresponding wedged modem.  If your system is set up properly, your modem will respawn automatically within seconds.  Use the faxstat command to monitor and verify that the modem comes back up.

***Often there is no logical explanation for why a modem wedges.  Spending time attempting to identify the root cause is largely futile; instead, having a proven recovery method is far better an approach.  I hope this helps.

-Brian

I every Body

First, thanks for your help. :)

Lee : I tested the update iaxmodem. But the result was unsatisfactory. The modem could not send faxes.

Brian : I test your method. But I have a litle problem. Command ps -aef | grep iaxmodem return a list of process like /usr/sbin/iaxmodem .... and there are not difference betwen every process (except PID) ..... to script patch, it's not very easy :)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions