Re: [hylafax-users] Passing params to faxcover from faxmail

Nacef LABIDI wrote:

I have a special requirement and I don't know if this is supported. Actually I have configured faxmail with postfix to act as a mail2fax solution.
I am using the first format explained in the mailfax.sh-postfix file which is <username>@<fax-no>.fax whith a slight modification.
Actualy my format is <username>/<company>@<fax-no>.fax

And then I am parsing this format in the mailfax script to extract the username and the company, and I was wondering if there is a way to pass this company information when calling the faxmail tool so it can be passed as a param to be included in the cover page where I have included the field to-company.

The cover settings can all be set with X-FAX headers in the email itself, so you can either have that header be generated from the email creator for the company name instead of having it in the email address or you have your script add that header from the value extracted from the email address.

The header for the recipient company name is X-FAX-Cover-Company

--
Patrice Fournier
iFAX Solutions, Inc.