Re: [hylafax-users] Modify typerules

On Wednesday 24 Nov 2010, Javivi wrote:
> Hi, I want to modify typerules to send doc files.
>
> In typerules I can comment or uncomment (#) the line to doc files and use
> antiword to convert doc files in ps files, but antidwords don't like me,
> and I want to use another software to convert the file.
>
> I have another software, openoffice, and i want to use it.
>
> I've modified the line this way:
>
> 0       short           0xd0cf          pdf     java -jar
> /usr/src/jodconverter-2.2.2/lib/jodconverter-cli-2.2.2.jar %i %o
>
> In this line, i say to hylafax that doc files convert it in pdf files with
> jodconverter software, no?? Well, this doesn't work.
>
> if I use it in console, tell it file.doc and file.pdf iis works very very
> fine, but here no.
> [stuff deleted]
> It's looks that the file loose the format, so it does not knows the format
> and it does not converted.
>
> Any ideas??

Did you compile Hylafax from source, or install it as a .deb or .rpm from your
distro's repository?  If the former, you will need to put the java
interpreter and the .jar file somewhere they can be seen from within
the /var/spool/hylafax chroot environment.

Is OpenOffice.org definitely running?  Maybe create an /etc/init.d script to
do that on bootup.

The long-term fix is, of course, not to use software which uses obscure
proprietary formats for its files in the first place.

--
AJS
(Originating address does not accept e-mail.  Insert a figure "one" before the