Re: [hylafax-users] problems with faxq

Hi Lee

thanks for your hints.
Today I have started another big broadcasting with more than 3000 faxes using -a within sendfax and without FaxAccounting.

As first it looks good: All faxes are added to the queue immediately.

After it starts sending faxes, faxq runs most times 99 to 100 % of CPU and sometimes it goes down for some short seconds to around 40 to 50 %.
Load is between 2 and 5, sometimes up to 7.

And hylafax sends sometimes one faxes after another and sometimes wait to get all modems ready and then start faxes with all modems togeteher.

Even there are thousand faxes in the queue, there are some modems for some minutes "Running and idle" and after a while this modems starts again sending faxes.

With that I can really not work!
Over years I have not had problems with hylafax and I think I will go back to test the regulare Hylafax instead of Hylafax+

Must I uninstall hylafax+ completely before I install hylafax?

How can I disable notify?

best regards
Chris

Lee Howard wrote ..
> hchris@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi Lee,
> >
> > I am not shure what I must do now?
> >
> > Ok, I will try to start the faxes some minutes later with the -a option, but
> I need to wait for the next bigger broadcasting to test it.
> >

> Based on your information that your FaxAccounting scripts are a
> meaningful part of the problem it would appear that using -a is not
> going to help.
>
> > But what should I do with the faxq? Should I go back to the regulare Hylafax
> with version 6...
> > Hylafax+ has the newest 5.4...
> >

> As you use FaxAccounting you'd lose that feature with .org releases.
>
> > As I have had the problem, I have had running FaxAccounting. As I have disabled
> it, it runs a little bit better, but the usage of CPU of faxq has not changed.
> >

> Constant 99% CPU usage by faxq after disabling FaxAccounting?  Well,
> then try the 'sendfax -a' test, I suppose.
>
> FaxAccounting wasn't meant to do heavy-lifting.  It was designed to
> allow a simple interface into an accounting process... like putting
> xferfaxlog records into a database.
>
> > As long as I run FaxAccounting all modems was blocked untill all modems was ready
> with the actual sending and after this all modems start a new sending. This problem
> was fixed after removing FaxAccounting.
> >

> So what, exactly, are you doing in FaxAccounting that is causing such a
> drag?
>
> > But I need the duration immediately after sending a fax. And I found no way to
> add the duration to the notify email.
> > Is there any way to do this?
>
> Using notify is a bad way to perform accounting procedures.  If you
> don't use FaxAccounting then the next-best option is to parse xferfaxlog
> independently.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions