[hylafax-users] hylafax dual-server failover/load balanced

Hi

We are trying to run two hylafax servers in a load balanced setup, using the same jobid.

The servers run Redhat linux 5 with hylafax 6.0.4.

Please let me know if there is a recommended way of doing this, or if you’ve had any success in load balancing two servers.

What I’ve done so far:

 I have tried to replace the ‘sendq/seqf’ file with a symbolic link to a seqf file on an NFS mount shared between the servers, but hylafax returns the following error:

“503 Unable to open sequence number file sendq/seqf; No such file or directory..”

Permission and ownership of the seqf file is correct.

The other option is to share the entire sendq directory or hylafax home between the servers.

I’m not sure if this is possible as it will cause other complications with config etc.

Thank you

Johan Viviers

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions