Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax using LAN SIP trunks

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 09:28:30 -0400, Darren Nickerson wrote:
> iaxmodem uses IAX, and IAX implies/requires asterisk.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-Asterisk_eXchange

Yes, it does, but I've also read plenty of materials which say iaxmodems can be used without asterisk.
However, I've never come across enough information that clearly shows how this can be done.

There are many docs out there showing how to install iaxmodems and hylafax, for some reason, what I can't find is a doc talking about using current centos for example, walking through the whole process of doing so.

Each time I've taken this on, I keep come up against brick walls so end up having to use an asterisk box.