Re: [hylafax-users] New ghostscript segfaults with hylafax?

On 10/29/2010 06:53 PM, John Hudak wrote:
> There has been some traffic on this NG that pointed out that an earlier version
> of GS did not work with the 6.04v of Hylafax, an the suggested solution was to
> use GS 8.7

Thanks John, (sorry for 2 posts, I forgot to change the reply)

	I think the prior traffic was mine about 8.71 sending blank pages was mine.
("strip" size of MMR tiff change) I made the changes suggested by Aidan and 8.71
was working OK. I wonder if the 2 suggested work-arounds for 8.71 could be
causing the segfault in 9.00? The work-arounds from Aidan were:

Workarounds (any will work):
- edit $SPOOL/bin/{ps,pdf}2fax.gs, add -dMaxStripSize=0 to the GS
call, to make gs produce single-strip images
- edit $SPOOL/etc/config set Use2D:No to make faxq not prepare MMR images

	Aidan, all, could this be the cause of the segfault I'm seeing in 9.00. It
doesn't seem like it, but I'll experiment and see if anything changes. If you
have any more thoughts, just let me know. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC