Re: [hylafax-users] faxmail and MIMEConverters: blank page before every PDF attachment

Well, we switched over to HylaFax+ in its latest version and the problem indeed disappeared, no blank page at all. No modifications were made to any MIME converting stuff, it just works(tm) out of the box.

There is still the problem with Unicode. We think the best solution would be the conversion from Unicode to plain ISO-8859-1. The messages are mostly written in English and German, the only problem are the MUAs which refuse to use anything else than Unicode for outgoing messages. Any idea how to accomplish this? We don't expect an instant and complete solution, but at least a slight idea or hint. We're trying to find a solution by ourselves as well.

Another problem that suddendly popped up is: only the message body and the first attachment are being sent. All other attachments (PDF of course) are ignored. Verbose output from faxmail indicates that all attachments are converted, but somehow somewhere they don't show up in the resulting fax (The log says "CONVERT: run /usr/local/lib/fax/faxmail/application/pdf" for each pdf attachment).

We're investigating that as well, but has anyone experienced a similar problem and came up with a solution?

> Thanks,
>
> Lee.

No, thank _you_ :)

Greetings,
Lukas Ratajski

--

--- Anbieterkennzeichnung ----------------------------

HSL GmbH

Gildenweg 2
50354 Huerth

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Goetten
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Huerth

UstID: DE 2469 3695 3, Steuernr.: 224/5808/2105
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Koeln HRB 61070