Re: [hylafax-users] Killtime set to 2 hours

----- "Matteo Magni" <m.magni@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an hylafax server on Gentoo Linux, it works fine except that
> I'm
> unable to extend the killtime. The jobs I submit take by default a
> killtime that is "now +2 hours", which is insufficient for my needs,
> as
> I submit hundreds of faxes at a time: the result is that the most of
> them don't get sent and return "Killtime expired" status message. I
> tried appending the line KillTime: "now + 5 days" to
> /usr/lib/fax/hfaxd.conf, but it didn't work. I tried also the
> KillTimeMap option, tried symlinking hfaxd.conf to hyla.conf and
> sendfax.conf, but no luck at all.
> I have no clue how to sort it out, do you?

Update your sendfax command parameters to include:

-k $KILLTIME

Example:

sendfax -D -n -u 1234567890 -S TESTINGTSI -k 'now + 12 hours' -d 987654321 /home/testuser/document_to_fax.pdf

This works properly on the various systems I use running Hylafax+ 5.2.x or better. The syntax or usage may be different if you're using an older version of Hylafax+ or a release from Hylafax.org.

--Tim