Re: [hylafax-users] calling card use with hylafax

Thanks for the response Lee.  I'll explain it like this.  When I use a brother fax machine or similar for long distance, I start by dialing my calling card's 1-800-xxx-xxxx number.  I can listen to the prompts, which ask for my card number, then for the fax number.

Once the remote fax answers, I push the "Start" button on the fax machine and it happily sends my fax.  I thought there might be a way to send this 1-800 number using dial rules.  I am very new to hylafax so I can only tell you I assumed there was a way.

So basically, looking at the documentation, dial rules can do things based on numbers at the start of a given dial string.  So, in my case, if the fax number given starts with a 1, treat it as a long distance number and prefix 1-800-xxx-xxxx with my calling card number, then the fax number.

If I can't do that with hylafax natively, I have found that hylafsp's client can do it; for a price.  I don't mind paying for useful software, but I heard it may not be too difficult to develop my own.  Or maybe hylafax does this in some way.

Thanks for the response and interest in my question.