Re: [hylafax-users] Large number of failures receiving faxes ~38% failure rate

You're probably dealing with a problem with your modem, but you'd need to share a sample session log for me to be able to know how to help you best.

If you're using a Class 1 modem (which is good), then you're likely using ECM, and when ECM is used there is a trust between the sender and the receiver that the receiver will not confirm page receipt until the page is received completely without error. There is no HylaFAX feature to operate otherwise than this within ECM.

Thanks,

Lee.

James Smith wrote:

I've been following this conversation closely as I'm having a similar problem.
I went one step further and put actual fax machines on the lines I was having
problems with and although there were some failures, the actual fax machines
seem to accept far more faxes than the modem/hylafax combo does.

My question would be this:- other than the badlines parameter, is there
anything I can change that will make hylafax reject fewer faxes, even if the
ones it accepts are of poorer quality with more lines missing?