Re: [hylafax-users] Large number of failures receiving faxes ~38% failure rate

We'd need to see a session log to be able to help. The final error message is sometimes not definitive.

However, given the number of problems you're having it is likely either a line problem or a serial communication problem or something else seriously wrong with your system.

Thanks,

Lee.

Andy H wrote:
Hello,
I am running into a dead end and hoping someone can offer some advice. I am experiencing a large number of failures receiving faxes. Our setup:
HylaFax 4.4.4
CentOS 5.2
Quatech QSCLP-100 4 port serial card
Multi-Tech MT5634ZBA modem running as class 1.0
Zoom 2949 56k modem running as class 1.0
In the past 17 days, we have attempted to receive 898 faxes.
Of the 898, we have had failures on 245. We have a 37.6% failure rate receiving faxes!
The following shows the most common errors and how many of each:
No sender protocol (T.30 T1 timeout) 68
COMREC received DCN (sender abort) 64
T.30 T2 timeout, expected signal not received 60
Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier. 24
RSPREC error/got DCN (sender abort) 21
Failure to train modems 4
No carrier detected 2
ECM page received containing no image data. 2

I am/was thinking it is a line quality issue. The site said that they had the teclo come and test even from the wall outlet and found no problems (plain analog POTS)
I have tried switching the modems to see if problems followed one and they do not.
Any suggestions? Tips?
Thanks,