[hylafax-users] Procedural interrupt/operator intervention

Hi,

I have never fully implemented the operator interrupt features of T.30 (PRI-MPS, PRI-EOM, PRI-EOP, PIP and PIN) in my FAX software, as I was never sure what is supposed to happen, and they are rarely used. Now I am seeing PRI-EOP messages in logs from a user, and I think its time I filled in the gaps in my support.

Appendix IV shows, message by message, what is supposed to happen if operators actually respond to a procedural interrupt request. My issue is what should happen when there is no operator to respond. Can I respond with MCF when I receive a PRI-EOP, just like I do when I receive an EOP? Can I treat a received PIP just like an MCF, and carry on with the next thing I would like to exchange? The flow charts don't seem to make this clear, unless I have missed some key notes.

Appendix II seems to imply that MCF is an appropriate response to PRI-EOP or EOP, but that table seems informational in nature, and not definitive.

I would appreciate any input people can give me.

Steve