Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with iaxmodem

Vincze Janos Istvan wrote:
I have a problem with HylaFAX (4.4.4) and iaxmodem (1.1) on CentOS (5).
(Asterisk 1.4.21.2)

If I run faxgetty and iaxmodem form inittab iaxmodem will come with this error:
Adjusting skew to xxxx
Adjusting skew to xxxx
Adjusting skew to xxxx

This "adjusting skew" means that there is an imbalance of incoming audio frames to outgoing audio frames and that iaxmodem is adjusting its synchronization with the system clock to compensate. If you're seeing these in rapid succession it probably means that audio frames are not going in one direction at all. It could be considered normal to see a few of these at the outset of some calls.

In this case my cpu load is ~100% and can not receive and send faxes.

This is not normal. Please try IAXmodem 1.2.0.

But, if I run iaxmodem and faxgetty form console everything works fine.

This apparently means that the invocation for iaxmodem from inittab is incorrect (it should not be launched in daemon mode there), or the inittab-spawned environment is different than that for your running from console.

Thanks,