Re: [hylafax-users] How do you turn off 2D compression?

Brian Postow wrote:
I'm looking at http://www.hylafax.org/man/current/hylafax-config.4f.php and it looks like I should just include:

Use2D: No

in ~fax/etc/config

I have that. (I also have Use2D: No in the config.cu.modem files... but that should have no effect) however, I still get:

Jun 29 15:48:52.71: [17178]: USE 2-D MR

I'm trying to track down a problem with a fax machine not responding to MPS correctly, and I want to eliminate as many possible problems as possible...

Similarly, i don't seem to be able to turn off ECM in Class 2 mode.

I'm using Hylafax 6.0.4 in case that makes a difference.

Setting "Use2D: no" in your etc/config file only changes how faxq operates. It does not influence the outcome for faxsend operation.

So if you have RTFCC enabled, then faxsend is going to convert MH data produced by faxq to JBIG/MMR/MR as appropriate (and otherwise configured and supported). So if you really don't want to use MR/MMR then you can disable it by setting "ModemSoftRTFCC: no" in your modem config files. I'm not sure what sense doing this makes, however.

If you're using Class 2/2.0/2.1 then to disable ECM (which also seems a bit senseless) is done by disabling it with *Class2DCCQueryCmd in the modem config-file, started with the "!".

Thanks,

Lee.

*