Re: [hylafax-users] Ensuring ECM mode is on

Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
I'd like to know how to ensure that hylafax is using ECM (T30/A) while sending a fax.

AFAIU, setting the modem in Class 1 mode, allows for most of the work to be done in software by hylafax, so this is what I did. In fact, in my /etc/hylafax/config.ttyUSB0, I have:

ModemType: Class1.0 # use this to supply a hint

Also, I added the following lines to the file, in order to enable ECM:

Class1ECMSupport: Yes # enable T.30-A ECM support
Class1PersistentECM: Yes # to continue to correct while in ECM
Class1ECMFrameSize: 256 # image frame size in ECM protocol

I'd like to know whether this is all that is needed, in order to ensure that ECM is being used during transmission of a fax (assuming that the receiver is properly capable and configured for handling ECM), and whether the implementation within hylafax of the ECM add-on is complete, or there is anything missing, or whether I could expect to run into any other issues (quite a newbie with hylafax).

Yes, you got it. For what it's worth those configuration options are the default settings. ECM is enabled by default.

So as long as the receiver supports ECM it will get used. The session log should make this apparent.

Thanks,