[hylafax-users] Ensuring ECM mode is on

Hello,

I'd like to know how to ensure that hylafax is using ECM (T30/A) while sending a fax.

AFAIU, setting the modem in Class 1 mode, allows for most of the work to be done in software by hylafax, so this is what I did. In fact, in my /etc/hylafax/config.ttyUSB0, I have:

ModemType: Class1.0 # use this to supply a hint

Also, I added the following lines to the file, in order to enable ECM:

  Class1ECMSupport:    Yes        # enable T.30-A ECM support
  Class1PersistentECM:    Yes        # to continue to correct while in ECM
  Class1ECMFrameSize:    256        # image frame size in ECM protocol

I'd like to know whether this is all that is needed, in order to ensure that ECM is being used during transmission of a fax (assuming that the receiver is properly capable and configured for handling ECM), and whether the implementation within hylafax of the ECM add-on is complete, or there is anything missing, or whether I could expect to run into any other issues (quite a newbie with hylafax).

Thanks to whoever may be willing to help.

Regards,

T.