[hylafax-users] Fax need

I need an incoming/outgoing fax solution that meets these requirements:

1. Must be standalone to self-host within a secure facility. The information is confidential and must come into the system directly without a third-party intervening or storing the incoming fax for subsequent pickup.

2. Must be able to identify who the fax is for. For example, the cover page could have a bar code or numeric code that is scanned and recognized to yield who the fax is for. "Who" could be a person or an account or whatever.

3. Have some sort of API or database connectivity to store the fax where an application can pick it up and store it with the proper record.

Any clues? Open source or commercial? I know expense report software offers similar tools to record receipts. I just don't know what people use.

All this will tie into a Rails app. Ideally, the software would run on a Linux machine of some sort.

Pointers?

Martin