Re: [hylafax-users] iaxmodem with teliax ?

----- "David Vrona" <dave@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is straight from the iaxmodem web site:
>
> "IAXmodem was originally conceived to function as a fax modem usable
> with HylaFAX, and it does that well."
>
> Late last night I got it all working (with Teliax).  The fax quality
> seems excellent.

Un-top-posting...

I'm sure Lee is well aware of what is and isn't on the IAXmodem site as he wrote the software and maintains the site. Congratulations on getting IAXmodem to work over a network other than 'loopback'. Don't be surprised if you start having issues with quality, missing pages, missing blocks of the image, or general fax failures. If you haven't read the fax over IP document referenced within this thread, you would be wise to read it (again?) so you can understand why your setup using IAXmodem and Teliax isn't the best idea.

--Tim