Re: [hylafax-users] etc/dialrules apparently not used

Patrice Fournier wrote:
arjen wrote:

I am trying to change some settings in etc/dialrules on my hylafax
server (hylafax-4.4.2-1rhel4) , but my changes don't seem to work. I
also replaced it by an empty file and hylafax's behaviour does not change.

Do you use capi4hylafax?

No, I don't. After trying some more things I finally gave up. We use a java application to send faxes to hylafax, so we added regexps to that to modify fax numbers. Not a fix, but at least a workaround.

Is the DialStringRules option set to etc/dialrules in all config files? (etc/config and etc/config.*)

Yes, they all point to etc/dialrules, which is relative to /var/spool/hylafax

You can use dialtest to test your rules and see if they work as expected.

Ok, didn't know about that, thanks. That works more or less as expected, but why isn't hylafax using those.

I get a feeling that I am looking over something obvious, something trivial...

I will install a second hylafax server from scratch and see what gives.

Best regards,
Arjen.

Hope that helps,