Re: [hylafax-users] Anyone experiences with Multitech USB?

I concerns about how Linux assign the same ttyUSBx port for USB device after reboot, my Hylafax server has one RS232 port only with 4 USB ports.  I have 3 modems connects to my server, one through RS232 and 2 through USB port.  I am using a USB-RS232 adapter to connect USB on server and my modem.  During setup, ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 are configured to modem A and modem B, however; after reboot of server, both are reversed, the ttyUSB0 for modem A was detected as ttyUSB1 and the ttyUSB1 for modem B was detected as ttyUSB0, I had to spend 10 minutes to reconfigure them.
From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lorenzo Milesi
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:51 AM
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] Anyone experiences with Multitech USB?

Hi.

With recently lack of RS232 ports on modern PC/Servers, and with usb-serial converters not always being reliable, we're looking forward in using usb modems in the future.

Anyone has experience with such devices?

Some time ago I asked which was the best modem for hyla, and Multitech seemed to be the most loved.
Actually, I found MT 9234 ZBA USBV92 MultiModem USB data/fax V92/K5 modem which has usb connection.

Has anyone ever tried it?
Known issues with Hylafax?

Thanks.
--
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
Via Previati 72 - 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 6070 222

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may contain privileged information.  It is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this e-mail or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.