Re: [hylafax-users] Debian Linux - HylaFAX with new external serial modem

Hi Giuseppe and others helping me with this problem.

Sadly, the full routine did not help. The server was powered off for a full minute, both power cords out and the modem powered off at the same time.

Symptoms are as before so I guess the next step is to try the USB/serial converter as you suggest.

I've never used one under Linux before, is it fairly straightforward? I'll go practice my Google-Fu and see what I find.

Thanks again for your help people. :)

You fool, you spoke too soon!

Giuseppe was spot-on, the HP's serial port is working fine following the reboot, thank you.

The modem had been operational too, apparently. Well, at least until it was helpfully unplugged in favour of a cute little office shredder that someone brought in. :-/

I'll still get a USB/serial converter but it's good to know I don't have any horrible esoteric software environment problem after all. Running faxaddmodem worked perfectly and HylaFAX is happy.

Thanks again everyone.

cam