Re: [hylafax-users] questioning the sense of RETURNFILETYPE

Am Montag, den 29.03.2010, 07:42 -0700 schrieb Lee Howard:
> Jörn Friedrich Dreyer wrote:

> No, the TIFF file holds the initial MH/MR/MMR/JBIG data, but faxsend
> adds a tagline to it and then sends the raw data.  It's not sending
> TIFF.  Fax machines don't deal with TIFF.  Furthermore, the data that
> was sent never existed except in memory.  It was never on the filesystem.
oops, sorry ... I got that wrong.

> I'm not sure that I concur with it defeating the purpose.  I don't see
> much purpose in returning the file in the first place, so it's a bit
> difficult to defeat a lack of purpose.
I thought hylafax was generating an inbetween tiff before sending the
fax out. When submitting a pdf the corresponding output is sometimes
hard to read. I wrongly assumed it would be possible to send the user
the result of this intermediate step back for examination.

Thank you for the clarification!

Jörn Dreyer