Re: [hylafax-users] Issues with FIFO.tty????

* edoceo <code@xxxxxxxxxx> [100305 17:57]:
> So, when I use faxstate or other hylafax tools they cannot find my FIFOs
> It says it cannot find the file but the file is there
>
> Here's the last few lines from `strace /opt/hylafax/sbin/faxstate ttyACM0`
> -----
> brk(0)                                  = 0x226e000
> brk(0x228f000)                          = 0x228f000
> chdir("/opt/hylafax/spool")             = 0
> open("FIFO.ttyACM0", O_WRONLY|O_NONBLOCK) = -1 ENXIO (No such device or address)

note, it was *not* ENOENT, it was ENXIO.

> So you can see it chdir, and open FIFO.ttyACM0 right? Says it's not there :(
> But here's the file!

> what gives?  Why it cannot find a FIFO that clearly exists?

Sure, but it's a *FIFO*, is anything on the other end of a FIFO?  You
can't just open a FIFO to write, unless there is something which has the
FIFO open to read.

Start faxgetty on ttyACM0, or tell faxstate to talk to faxq directly if
you're purposely not running faxgetty.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103