Re: [hylafax-users] sendmail script help and permissions

Also, I seem to have a problem with remissions on deleting faxes from the fax queues.  When I submit a fax using the web interface, apache then owns the fax, and it seems to be the same with mail when I attempt to email a fax (although this isn't working as I stated above).  I cannot seem to figure out how to give root full permissions to delete ANY fax in the queue, or setup a fax admin user that can do it.  I have scoured the site over and over and tried several settings in hosts.hfaxd, but nothing seems to work as a 'administrator' for it all.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Try creating the admin account for root using faxadduser and then manually editing hosts.hfaxd to move the new account to the top of the file, above localhost and 127.0.0.1.  Then you should be able to 'faxrm -a' any job in the queue.

I tried to do this in this manner:
faxadduser -a mypasswd -p mypasswd -u root
then I moved that to the top of the file as you suggested.
I am not sure this is the correct syntax for adding an administrator account,  Now when I do a faxstat it asks for a password, I provide one and I get the information.  However I still cannot faxrm, even providing the same password.  What I am doing incorrectly?
It seems pretty basic, I must be missing something stupid.

If you run "faxadduser -a mypasswd root" then you won't be prompted for a password when running faxstat.  Remove the account you just created, give this new command a shot (leaving out the "-u" option), and move the account to the top of hosts.hfaxd.

Dave

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions