Re: [hylafax-users] sendmail script help and permissions

I am fairly new to hylafax and have lots of questions.  I have installed the latest CentOS distrobution and also the latest release (6.0.4) of Hylafax on the server.
I installed Faxy to get things up and running quickly and it seems to work well from a web browser.  But what I really wanted to do was to install an email to fax gateway similar to the one our company is already using.  For this to work I would want to be able to have the email address include the destination (telephone number) before the @ (at) sign.  So when someone went to send an email they could simply email the gateway at  15551231234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Although it seems I can get mail to the server just fine, I can't figure out how to get sendmail to work with this configuration.  I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out, and I feel I am close but can't seem to figure it out.

What changes have you made so far to the default /etc/mail/sendmail.mc?

Also, I seem to have a problem with remissions on deleting faxes from the fax queues.  When I submit a fax using the web interface, apache then owns the fax, and it seems to be the same with mail when I attempt to email a fax (although this isn't working as I stated above).  I cannot seem to figure out how to give root full permissions to delete ANY fax in the queue, or setup a fax admin user that can do it.  I have scoured the site over and over and tried several settings in hosts.hfaxd, but nothing seems to work as a 'administrator' for it all.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Try creating the admin account for root using faxadduser and then manually editing hosts.hfaxd to move the new account to the top of the file, above localhost and 127.0.0.1.  Then you should be able to 'faxrm -a' any job in the queue.

Dave

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions