[hylafax-users] Local dialrules and "local area national dial" numbers

In the UK, all telephone numbers which you can dial as "local" begin with a digit from 2 to 9 - in my area only 3, 7 and 8 are used as yet but the others are possible in the future.

In some areas, including mine but it is possible in any, numbers can be allocated with the same area code and a number beginning with 0 or 1. It is necessary to dial such a number as "long distance".

I am wondering if my DialString rule can be improved from this:

DialString := [
[-${WS}.]+ = ! strip syntactic sugar
[abcABC] = 2 ! these convert alpha to numbers
[defDEF] = 3
[ghiGHI] = 4
[jklJKL] = 5
[mnoMNO] = 6
[pqrsPQRS] = 7
[tuvTUV] = 8
[wxyzWXYZ] = 9
^[+]${Country} = ${LDPrefix} ! long distance call
^${LDPrefix}${Area} = ! local area call
^[01].{7}$ = ${LDPrefix}${Area}& ! except local National Dial
^[+] = ${IDPrefix} ! international call
]

This will only work in areas with an 8-digit local number - is there a way to adapt it to suit any length?

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-hyla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx