Re: [hylafax-users] Problems with faxgetty

when you have multiple faxgetty entries in inittab they must have the appropriate ttys and also have unique identifiers (first part of the line, left of the first colon), like so:

m1:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS4
m2:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS5
m3:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS6
m4:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS7
m5:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS8
m6:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS9
m7:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS10
m8:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS11

then you need to tell init to reload the file:

/sbin/telinit q