Re: [hylafax-users] Fax Broadcasting / Blasting

* Billy Kimble <bkimble@xxxxxxxxx> [090303 16:47]:

> I noticed in the FTP  Client, there are "group" commands. JGPARM* etc. It
> seems like I need to somehow associate all of these  jobs with a group,
> and tell the group to send them one at a time. Unfortunately I can't find
> anything online as to how to do this.  The FTP  Client documentation is
> notoriously difficult to find, if it even exists, and the usual 'reverse
> engineer sendfax -vv' solution is not helping me here.

Well, the "groups" stuff has been in HylaFAX since Sam wrote it, but
it's never actually been implemented ;-(  So the protocol does groups,
but they don't mean anything other part of HylaFAX.

> Basically if a user is blast faxing the same fax I want to decide on the
> fly, based on how many faxes he is sending, how many modems to assign to
> him and his hundreds or thousands of faxes. What can I do here? Thanks in
> advance.

The usual method is to just set the priority lower, so that it uses all
channels, but that any other jobs that hit the queue will get sent
first.  There is no point "artificially" delaying a job if there is
nothing else queued and modems available...

But, if you wanted to, JobControl could easily be hacked up to control
jobs in the queue in some manner of allowing/disallowing them to
proceed...

It's HylaFAX... Anythings possible...

;-)

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103